* The best performance in baseball yesterday was delivered by ... an Oakland Athletic?
* Ostler looks into the next Aaron Small. (I apologize for the 2005 Yankees reference)
* Sandoval should be an All-Star.
* I love that a guy who is over paying Randy Johnson by $4 mm and Edgar Renteria by $6 mm per year gets to relax. Heaven forbid the Giants let Sabean go and hire a guy who knows how to scout the major leagues. (However, all the scouts that actually decide who the Giants draft get raises)
* An American is playing for one of the most storied football (soccer) teams in Europe.
* I am sure someone cares about this signing.
* How can a guy with the lateral quickness of a stop sign get this kind of contract!? This has to be one of the worst free agent signings in recent memory.