Thursday, January 8, 2009

Random Thoughts on the Lakers-Warriors Game

Random Thoughts on the Lakers-Warriors game

* Bob Fitzgerald called Kobe an unparalleled talent – he is right because Cleveland barely makes the playoffs with Kobe but have a chance to go to the Finals with LeBron. I don’t think that is what Fitz meant

* I was talking to my brother and he told me he played beach volleyball with Sasha Vujacic this summer down in Rodondo Beach. My brother said he was one of the coolest guys you will ever meet. That is really annoying

* The Lakers and Warriors trade Bynum for Biedrins – the Lakers are better and the Warriors are worse. End of Discussion

* Did you hear the interview with Giambi at the start of the game? If you missed it, here is my loose translation - “I would rather be playing for free with the Yankees than for $10 mm a year with the A’s but the Yankees know I am over the hill and worthless so I am stuck in this baseball waste land.” For the record, this is not exactly what he said.

* At least Stephen Jackson cares if the Warriors win or lose.

* I thought Yi was on the Nets

* If I told you I had Maggette, Jackson and Monta on my fantasy team, you would call me an idiot. I don’t understand why I am so bad at fantasy basketball

* Last week, I tell you how you are missing Brandon Wright’s growth as a player. Three days later he dislocates his shoulder. I am starting to miss the Nick Van Exel era.

* You have to love the start of the 4th quarter. Kobe is on the bench, the Lakers cut the Warriors lead to 1 and the Warriors have 4 team fouls. Seriously, I could not make this stuff up.

* Warning Positive Comment: Biedrins is starting to get veteran calls on the defensive end.

* The Lakers are a LOT better than the Warriors. End of Discussion

* The RTA (RT Association) Fund took the Lakers to win last night and returned 32% on its money.

No comments: