Random Thoughts – 11/10/08
* Did you hear that the Penn St. quarterback, Daryll Clark, apologized to the fans for his poor play? I am just wondering why he waited more than two weeks after the Ohio St. game to apologize
* If Mark Sanchez played for an SEC team, he would have been benched by now. There is no way Pete Carroll is not telling his assistants … “John David Booty was actually pretty good”
* Even a 9-0 record cannot make powder blue look good on a football uniform
* If you find a guy who can throw a ball more than 30 yards accurately with any kind of velocity, you have a franchise quarterback. Under no circumstances should you get rid of him.
* Besides Brian Urlacher, I would trade any player on the Bears roster and any number of draft picks to the Browns for Derek Anderson.
* Besides Patrick Willis, I would trade any player on the Niners roster and any number of draft picks to the Browns for Derek Anderson.
* Besides nobody, I would trade any player on the Raiders roster and any number of draft picks to the Browns for Derek Anderson.
* Only one more day to wait for the biggest day of the Giants season – it’s about time
* You know your franchise has low standards when they beat two teams they should beat in the playoffs and are set to miss the playoffs the next year and the coach is in no danger. Chargers football - where powder blue and Norv Turner are perfectly acceptable
* I am already super stocked on the blockbuster trade the Warriors are going to make in two years involving Brandan Wright
* Is there any difference between Giants baseball and Cal football? Both generally enjoy high expectations and then let their fan base down year after year after year … at least you get an internationally recognized degree at Cal.
* If the line for the Stanford-USC game is anything short of USC -28, every penny I have is on USC. Pete Carroll is going to run it up.
* How good is Kevin Martin? Seriously, I am not sure if he is just a good player on a bad team or a good player that would be great if he had anything around him.
* Biedrins is solidifying himself as one of the great non-IT players in the league. When you can’t beat Spencer Hawes one-on-one you know that you really are not as good as your stats.